Kyocera Classic Universal Driver supports multiple kinds of Kyocera MFPs and Printers with one driver. This driver can be used as an alternative to device specific drivers for network and local printing. Kyocera Classic Universal Driver is not included in the CD which is bundled to the MFP/Printer. It’s provided via each sales companies’ Web page. Supported operating systems include Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Server 2003, and Server 2008 (R2).
For the administrators: Reduce managing cost and Small footprint
- IT management division can reduce costs relating to management/support of MFPs and printers by use of Universal Drivers. Covering almost the complete range of Kyocera MFPs and printers, there is no need to install new drivers if new Kyocera devices are rolled out. As users can easily add printing devices to their computer systems, inquiries from users will be decreased and IT division can reduce management cost and time.
- The Kyocera Classic Universal Driver is based on Microsoft’s rendering engines UNIDRV and PSCRIPT, making it a lightweight driver with small memory footprint and package size, benefitting from the continuous driver platform support by Microsoft.
For users: Convenient when moving between multiple locations & : Latest common interface is provided
- When moving between offices, they can use the local printers without the need for installing new printer drivers.
- Typically, drivers for older devices are no longer maintained and keep their ‘old’ user interface for the rest of their life time. With the Kyocera Classic Universal Driver, users benefit from a new user interface even for previous generation models.
Kyocera Classic Universal Driver supports multiple kinds of Kyocera MFPs and Printers with one driver. This driver can be used as an alternative to device specific drivers for network and local printing.
- Support of network, USB, and LPT devices that are fully PCL6 or KPDL capable. Only recommended for original Kyocera devices.
- Supporting auto configuration feature via network for finisher options, installed memory or hard disk option and Color feature.