The Lenovo System x3500 M3 is a high-performance dual-socket tower server which provides generous bandwidth, storage and expanded memory capacity up to 192 GB. Start with a single Intel® Xeon® six-core processor, and add a second to double your processing capability. You can even add processors, storage and memory independently of one another for maximum configuration flexibility.
- Up to two 6-core Xeon 5600 series processors offering superior performance. Xeon 5600 series processors offer up to 54% better performance than the previous generation 5500 series processors
- 16 DIMMs of registered 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC memory provide speed, high availability, and a memory capacity of up to 192 GB.
- High-performance 6 Gbps SAS RAID controllers and 15K RPM 6 Gbps SAS disk drives in a variety of capacities to suit your local storage requirements.
- The use of solid-state drives (SSDs) instead of or along with traditional spinning drives (HDDs) can significantly improve I/O performance. An SSD can support 20,000 I/O operations per second (IOPS) whereas a typical HDD handles fewer than 500 IOPS.
- A choice of 4-core or 6-core processors with clock rates from 1.6 GHz to 3.6 GHz.
- 16 DIMM sockets allowing memory expansion of up to 192 GB.
- Up to two redundant hot-swap 920 W AC power supplies.
- Seven USB 2.0 ports available - two front, four rear, and one internal for an embedded hypervisor.
- The tower chassis can be converted to a 5U rack-mount chassis with the optional tower-to-rack conversion kit.
- Storage bay flexibility: Up to 24 hot-swap 2.5" drive bays for SAS or SATA HDDs, or solid-state drives (intermixing supported) in addition to a bay for an internal optical drive.
- Direct-attach SAS storage with the EXP2512, EXP2524, and EXP3000 storage enclosures is supported. IBM System Storage servers, including network-attached storage (NAS), and iSCSI or Fibre Channel-attached storage, can also be attached.
- Up to eight PCI Express (PCIe) 2.0 I/O slots for increased network or storage connectivity. Optional PCI-X slots for specialized adapters.