The Lenovo System x3550 M3 builds on the latest Intel® Xeon® processor technology with extreme processing power and superior energy-management and cooling features. With twice the performance of previous generations and a flexible, energy-smart design that integrates low-wattage components, the x3550 M3 can help you meet demanding workloads at a lower cost per watt.
- Up to two 6-core Xeon 5600 series processors offering superior performance. Xeon 5600 series processors offer up to 54% better performance than the previous generation 5500 series processors (workload dependent).
- Eighteen DIMMs of registered 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC memory provide speed, high availability, and a memory capacity of up to 288 GB.
- High-performance 6 Gbps SAS RAID controllers and 15K RPM 6 Gbps SAS disk drives in a variety of capacities to suit your local storage requirements.
- The use of solid-state drives (SSDs) instead of or along with traditional spinning drives (HDDs) can significantly improve I/O performance. An SSD can support 20,000 I/O operations per second(IOPS) whereas a typical HDD handles fewer than 500 IOPS.
- Very high density computing in a 1U dual-socket server.
- A choice of 4-core or 6-core processors with clock rates from 1.6 GHz to 3.6 GHz.
- 18 DIMM sockets allowing memory expansion of up to 288 GB.
- A choice of power supplies including 460 W, 675 W AC or DC, or energy-efficient 675 W.
- Five USB 2.0 ports available - two front, two rear, and one internal for an embedded hypervisor.
- Storage bay flexibility: Up to eight hot-swap 2.5" drive bays for SAS or SATA HDDs, or solid-state drives (intermixing supported); or four 2.5" bays plus an internal optical drive bay.
- Direct-attach SAS storage with the EXP2512, EXP2524, and EXP3000 storage enclosures is supported. IBM System Storage servers, including network-attached storage (NAS), and iSCSI or Fibre Channel-attached storage, can also be attached.
- The x3550 M3 provides two PCI Express (PCIe) 2.0 x16 I/O slots for increased network or storage connectivity.