The Lenovo System x3650 M3 provides better performance for mission-critical applications. Its energy-efficient design supports more cores, memory and data capacity in a scalable 2U package that’s easy to service and manage. With more computing power per watt and the latest Intel® Xeon® processors, you can reduce costs while maintaining speed and availability.
- Up to two 6-core Xeon 5600 series processors offering superior performance. Xeon 5600 series processors offer up to 54% better performance than the previous generation 5500 series processors (workload dependent).
- Eighteen DIMMs of registered 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC memory provide speed, high availability, and a memory capacity of up to 288 GB.
- High-performance 6 Gbps SAS RAID controllers and 15K RPM 6 Gbps SAS disk drives in a variety of capacities to suit your local storage requirements.
- The use of solid-state drives (SSDs) instead of or along with traditional spinning drives (HDDs) can significantly improve I/O performance. An SSD can support 20,000 I/O operations per second (IOPS) whereas a typical HDD handles fewer than 500 IOPS
- A choice of 4-core or 6-core processors with clock rates from 1.6 GHz to 3.6 GHz.
- 18 DIMM sockets allowing memory expansion of up to 288 GB.
- A choice of power supplies including 460 W, 675 W AC or DC, or energy-efficient 675 W.
- Five or six USB 2.0 ports available - two front, two rear, one internal for an embedded hypervisor, plus one additional internal port when the optional Tape Enablement Kit is installed.
- Storage bay flexibility: Up to 16 hot-swap 2.5" drive bays for SAS or SATA HDDs, or solid-state drives (intermixing supported); or eight 2.5" bays plus an internal tape drive bay.
- Direct-attach SAS storage with the EXP2512, EXP2524, and EXP3000 storage enclosures is supported. Lenovo System Storage servers, including network-attached storage (NAS), and iSCSI or Fibre Channel-attached storage, can also be attached.
- The x3650 M3 provides four PCI Express (PCIe) 2.0 x8 I/O slots for increased network or storage connectivity.