Delivering in a 64-bit framework for high performance computing and business computing, the Lenovo System x3755 is built for speed. The x3755 eliminates system architecture bottlenecks through the use of separate, high-speed links between the processors, main memory, and I/O.
The AMD Direct Connect Architecture and HyperTransport technology combined with IBM Xcelerated Memory Technology™ drive the x3755 to deliver the performance, availability, and manageability needed for the next generation of high performance computing servers that require low latency and high speed access to memory.
- Four-way capable server in a rack-dense 4U form factor.
- One or two standard AMD Opteron 8000 Series Dual Core Processor, upgradable to three-way or four-way. Processors support 64-bit addressing with the AMD64 architecture.
- Support for AMD Virtualization (AMD-V).
- 1 GB or 2 GB memory standard expandable to 128 GB (using 4 GB DIMMs), using high performance PC2-5300 CL5 ECC DDR2 RDIMMs.
- Xcelerated Memory Technology to reduce latency for large memory configuration and enable each of the possible 32 memory slots, to run at the higher clock speed of 667 MHz.
- Chipkill™ on 1, 2, and 4 GB DIMMs.
- Online spare memory.
- One full-length PCI Express x16 slot, two full-length PCI Express x8 slots; one full-length PCI Express x4 slot; two full-length 64-bit, PCI-X 1.0, 100/133 MHz slots; and one half-length HTX slot.
- Integrated Adaptec AIC-9580W serial-attached SCSI (SAS) controller with support for internal RAID arrays using RAID-0, RAID-1 and RAID-10. Additional support for RAID-1E, RAID-5 and RAID-6 using an optional ServeRAID™ 8k adapter. MegaRAID 8480 adapter is also supported for external SAS storage with the EXP3000 enclosure.
- Four internal hot-swap SAS drive bays.
- Integrated Dual-port Broadcom 5708C Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express with TCP/IP Offload Engine (TOE) and failover capabilities.
- Baseboard Management Controller standard with optional Remote Supervisor Adapter II SlimLine adapter.
- The x3755 is targeted at businesses requiring a rack-optimized server that is optimized for high performance computing due to the server’s low latency and high speed access to memory. Applications include weather simulation, CAE, crash analysis, financial analysis, fluid dynamics, protein folding, and the like.