The nGeniusONE™ Service Assurance platform is powered by Adaptive Service Intelligence™ (ASI) technology, NETSCOUT’S patented, next-generation Deep Packet Inspection engine. ASI enables service assurance through:
- Proactive Service Triage
- Advanced Network Performance Management
- Advanced Packet Analysis
ASI‘s advanced analytics engine derives intelligence from IP traffic and makes intelligence possible at speeds up to 100Gb/s. Designed for both physical and virtual environments, this powerful engine ensures deep transaction level application visibility with actionable information. ASI makes next-generation network and application performance management, business intelligence, and cyber intelligence possible.
nGeniusONE provides end-to-end visibility into any IP-based business service, supporting thousands of applications, including voice, video, and data. Rather than look at individual elements in isolation, the nGeniusONE Service Assurance platform and ASI technology provide a holistic view into the performance characteristics of all infrastructure and application components associated with service delivery. This enables IT operations to more effectively manage the health and availability of diverse application environments and drastically reduce CapEx and OpEx spending without compromising the end user experience.
The nGeniusONE platform streamlines service delivery management for Citrix by providing the following key analysis layers:
- Service Dashboard - The dashboard delivers health status, metrics, alarms, and intelligent early warning of Citrix-based services. IT teams can use it to quickly spot performance issues related to a the variety of elements necessary to deliver a holistic service including the Citrix ADC, formerly NetScaler, Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops, formerly XenApp and XenDesktop; services, Citrix licensing servers, StoreFront servers, as well as service enablers and backend database servers in a single view.
- Service Dependency Map - The service dependency map visualizes the current state of the Citrix service and application environment with automatic discovery and mapping of client - server relationships to provides visibility into all the dependencies among various components.
- Service Monitor - The service monitor enables comprehensive analysis of Citrix transactions, successes and failures, latency, retransmissions, and response times to identify the root cause of Citrix impacting performance issues. The service monitor also provides holistic visibility of packet flow traffic to Citrix Storefront, Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops, and License servers, as well as ability to focus analysis on the affected user communities. This view enables IT teams to triage and isolate the sources contributing to performance degradation issues.
- Session Analysis - Using session analysis delivers session-level analysis, ladder diagrams, with hop-by-hop session analysis for message exchanges between clients and Citrix servers. The session analysis helps IT teams analyze transaction latencies, network statistics such as Average Round Trip time, number of TCP retransmissions, timeouts; as well as detailed session and flow information.
- Packet Analysis - Using packet analysis, IT teams gain deep-dive visibility into Citrix services for protocol level analysis and forensic evidence collection.
A majority of Citrix impacting performance issues can be efficiently triaged by using the Dashboard and the Service Monitor screens specifically. However, should deep dive troubleshooting be needed, IT teams can further drill down to the Session and the Packet Analysis layers.