Open-E® DSS V7™ enjoys a reputation of performance, flexibility, reliability, scalability and is known for its robust architecture, ease-of-use and affordability. Unlike competing applications, Open-E has been on the market long enough to support both, legacy and modern hardware, and works flawlessly with popular backup software.
The IP-based software is designed for simplicity, just as demanded by SMB users, along with advanced features required by Enterprise users. This makes it especially suitable for network environments with many clients or for storage applications requiring high data throughput and I/O, such as server Virtualization, Cloud Computing, database storage, video editing and streaming or IPTV.
Open-E DSS V7 helps organizations to achieve business continuity and high availability by ensuring that large amounts of data are secure and shared in a more efficient manner. Thanks to the Active-Active Automatic iSCSI Failover functionality, a highly available environment with uninterrupted access is achieved and overall cluster performance is improved. These solutions let users easily run virtualized applications and eliminate any single point of failure within their IT infrastructures.
- Combines NAS/SAN capabilities, including support for iSCSI, NFS, InfiniBand and Fibre Channel storage access
- Efficiently centralizes and simplifies the management of your IT resources by allowing for consolidation of entire storage environments
- Ideal for Virtualization, High Availability and Cloud environments
- Includes versatile features, such as: Active-Active NFS and iSCSI Failover, Active-Passive NFS and iSCSI Failover, Data and Volume Replication, Snapshots, Continuous Data Protection, Multipath I/O, NICs bonding and more
- Provides high stability and performance for optimal reliability
- Provides exceptional cost-effectiveness, which means enterprise functionality without the enterprise costs
- Simple GUI-based management, enabling administrators to manage storage more efficiently
- Efficient cluster configuration - The software allows for configuration of both nodes while connected to one system. Additionally, we included a set of tools for efficient cluster management, such as the resource pool overview, remote node status or configuration statuses
- Active-passive NFS and iSCSI cluster - Provides fault tolerance via synchronous Volume Replication for NFS or iSCSI shares. It uses a setup with two nodes in an active-passive configuration
- NAS Functionality - Windows Active Directory/Primary Domain Controller, NIS, Intern/external LDAP, ADS and NIS User/Group ID Synchronization, File System with Journaling, User and Group Quota, Antivirus
- iSCSI Functionality - IP Address restrictions, CHAP, MPIO, iSCSI Failover, SCSI-3 persistent reservation, Session Management
- High-Availability over 2 Nodes - Open-E can recognize hardware/software failure and immediately re-starts the application on another system without requiring admin intervention or downtime which further reduces downtime at no extra cost
- Continuous Data Protection - Provides continuous backup/replication of data - far superior to 24 hour snapshot backups (lose approx. 17 e-mails in between backups, versus up to 10,000 on an Exchange e-mail system) - also much quicker to restore (20 minutes vs. 3-5 hour tape backup). If available, usually an expensive option for other storage software
- Journaling Support - The system tracks and logs changes prior to affecting the main file system, making the file system more reliable
- Network Clients & Protocols Supports Windows, Linux, Unix, Mac OS 8.0 - 10.5.8, X, SMB/CIFS, FTP, Secure FTP, HTTPS, Apple Talk, NFS v2, v3, iSCSI, Fibre Channel
- Backup WORM, NDMP v3.0, Backup-Agents (Backup Exec®, Retrospect®, BrightStor®), Data (File) Replication, Volume Replication
- Task and Schedule Manager Tasks can be automatically scheduled for data, volume replication and snapshots - making it easy to setup, so you can concentrate on other tasks
- Automated Update and Rollback of OS The automated update and rollback makes it easy to update and get the latest features and is also simple to rollback if there is an issue that needs to be resolved first - reducing system downtime
- Supports Appliance API To further ensure compatibility, Open-E has an open storage API to communicate between different software programs and detached appliances which ensures easy third-party integration for maximum compatibility
- Initial Configurations Wizard As soon as Open-E starts, the Setup Wizard helps with all the network and system settings - gets up fast, with built-in help, and can see immediate results
- Monitoring & E-mail Notification Automatically notifies the system administrator via e-mail when there are RAID or HDD problems, making it easy to troubleshoot and quickly fix problems.