The QLE10500 8Gb Adapter is a PCIe-based Fibre Channel Adapter that caches SAN data on a PCIe flash card or Flash Array LUN to accelerate application access to critical, frequently accessed data. The 10500 offloads all caching to adapter hardware, which accelerates I/O and provides shared caching for clustered, virtualized, and distributed workloads across the data center. The 10500 also enables simple deployment by means of a single driver and management model that reduces software stack complexity.
- Simplified server-based flash caching implementation uses a single driver model in the operating system (OS) software stack.
- Caching offload to adapter hardware accelerates performance without consuming additional server memory or CPU cycles, while minimizing the quantity of I/Os processed in the server.
- Hot data located close to the application increases workload performance and throughput, while improving storage performance and utilization.
- Provisioning cache data pools across multiple servers allows clustered applications (Oracle RAC and DB2 pureScale) to seamlessly share server-based flash memory.
- FabricCache™ Flash Array Connect seamlessly connects to flash systems for greater enterprise caching capacity.
- FabricCache™ Client provisions cache data across multiple servers to allow clustered applications to seamlessly share the cache, and provides a cost-effective high availability solution.
- Seamlessly integrates data on server-connected flash memory with the SAN.
- Uses QLogics enterprise proven Fibre Channel driver stack and 8Gbps to PCI Express technology.