Prompt Shield provide a secure by design and manageable gui for Windows Command Prompt. It is designed to be easy to configure and use.
It enables System Administrator to give Windows command prompt with only authorized commands to the end-users without compromising the system security.
Prompt Shield help to:
- Restrict users to use only authorized Windows commands through command prompt. The GUI is configured by the System Administrator in order to enable only a specific command (i.e. ping). Using the GUI, the user can only specify parameters (i.e. IP address to ping).
Prompt Shield is certified and supported for Microsoft Windows Platform:
- Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1
- Windows Server 2003 / 2003 R2 / 2008 / 2008 R2
Prompt Shield provide the following features:
- Isolate Windows Command Prompt from underlying O.S. and file system: using the prompt the user cannot execute non-authorized commands and cannot access to server file system resources.
- Control the user experience by customizing usable resources, for example all the outputs of the prompt command are redirected automatically to the user workstation.
- Memory optimization in order to maintain RAM consumption as low as possible.