KX DRIVER 6.2 for Universal Printing supports multiple TA/UTAX MFPs and Printers with one driver. The driver can be used as an alternative to device-specific drivers for network and local printing.
KX DRIVER 6.2 offers many new features and upgrades, such as aQrate 5.1 integration, Account ID feature improvements, 64-bit support for Application Based Profiles, large paper size support, and Skip Blank Pages for KPDL. This driver also includes usability improvements throughout the UI for a more seamless user experience, including simplified tabs, icons, and labels.
Supported operating systems are Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2003, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2, Server 2012, and Server 2012 R2. KX DRIVER 6.2 is compatible with 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems.
KX DRIVER 6.2 for Universal Printing supports nearly all TA/UTAX MFPs and Printers with one driver. It offers new functions unavailable in older versions and a more intuitive user interface
KX DRIVER 6.2 includes this new feature:
With TA/UTAX aQrate, users and administrators have a simple and organized system for monitoring and accounting of print and copy jobs. aQrate also includes secure print, delayed print, automatic modification of print jobs, creating and exporting reports, user management of print jobs, and print unification of various systems.
KX DRIVER 6.2 includes these improvements:
- Each account ID in Job Accounting can be associated with one or more login user names on the computer. The Job Accounting dialog lists these associations and can be added, edited, and removed.
- Application-based profiles have 64-bit support, and users or administrators can fine-tune printing options for every application to find the right balance of cost savings, quality, and security.
- Large paper sizes are defined as a set of predefined page sizes: A0, A1, A2, B1, B2, and B3. When the user selects one of these page sizes, the print image is automatically scaled to fit the target print size. This feature is available for all A3 MFPs and printers supported by KX DRIVER. No firmware updates are required.
- Skip Blank Pages is available for KPDL and uses the same method as PCL XL to determine whether a page is blank. When the user selects this feature, GDI compatible mode is automatically turned off and disabled.
- Tab labels in Printing Preferences have been simplified. Examples of typical settings found in each tab now appear in the rollover tooltips when you hover your mouse over the tab name.
- Some print setting icons and their labels have been updated so that users can quickly see their current selections at a glance.
- Warning icons and messages appear in Printing Preferences to indicate any device-related constraints (e.g. device option is available, but not installed). A new tooltip message appears when you hover your mouse over the icon: This device feature is not installed.
- Screen scaling has been improved so that the contents within Printing Preferences are properly spaced.
- Finishing tab setting names have changed. Finishing edge is now called Binding edge, Count is now called Sheets per group (under Staple), and Custom Finishing Edge Settings is now called Custom Settings.
- Index tab dividers have long binding edge support when printing.
- Watermark and Security Watermark dialog boxes now fit different screen display resolutions.