KX DRIVER 6.3 for Universal Printing supports multiple TA/UTAX MFPs and printing systems with one driver. The driver can be used as an alternative to device-specific drivers for network and local printing.
KX DRIVER 6.3 supports the following options: Save PDF as color, Color (Auto color), Booklet (Fold only). The following options have been added to KX DRIVER 6.3: an administrator option for hiding the lower pane and user login or job accounting options in printing preferences. Access code for job storage and accent marks support in user login and language preferences for the client are also included in this driver.
Supported operating systems are Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, and Windows Server 2012 R2. KX DRIVER 6.3 is compatible with 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems.
New Features and Enhancements
- TA/UTAX aQrate improvement: Workgroup and domain names with double-byte characters are supported.
- Save PDF as color: The “Save as color check box” was added to the “PDF Settings” dialog box. It is available when “Save to file” or “Print and save” is selected in the “Print and save options”. This setting lets the user set the color of the document when it is saved to a file.
- Color option (Auto color): The “Auto color” option prints full color graphics, and uses black toner instead of composite black to print grayscale. When “Auto color” is selected, “Print grays with black toner” is automatically selected in the Imaging tab.
- Booklet option (Fold only): When a folding unit is installed, the “Booklet Settings” dialog box displays the “Fold only” option under “Staple and Fold settings”. This option prints and folds the booklet without stapling. The user can select the number of sheets to be folded, up to five sheets. When selected, the “Bi-Fold” feature is automatically selected in the Finishing tab.
- Administrator option (Hide lower pane): The “Hide lower pane” feature lets an administrator hide or show the lower pane in the Printing Preferences dialog box. Only the overview images and settings list are removed from view. The PDL button, Print preview, and the Profiles buttons are not hidden.
- User login or job accounting in printing preferences: In KX DRIVER 6.2, User login and Job accounting options are set by the administrator. In KX DRIVER 6.3, users can change a user login name and password or a job accounting ID temporarily for a print job.
- Access code for job storage: In the KX DRIVER 6.2 Job tab, a 4-digit access code was optional for job storage. In KX DRIVER 6.3, the access code is required for job storage. The behavior is the same for job storage and private print, except that only the job storage job is retained in the printing system memory after printing.
- Accent marks support in user login: Accent marks such as grave, acute, circumflex, tilde, and umlaut can be used in user login user names. Previous printer driver versions did not support accent marks.
- Language preference for client: In a client/server environment, a client user can change the user interface language temporarily. This does not change the default language selection in the server. This feature is not available on Asian and right-to-left (RTL) language operating systems.