KX DRIVER 7.4 for Universal Printing supports multiple TA/UTAX MFPs and printing systems with one driver. The driver can be used as an alternative to device-specific drivers for network and local printing.
KX DRIVER 7.4 offers many new features and enhancements, such as enable client profile, 8-in-1, 2x1, and 2x4 poster support, PDF file name and job name with milliseconds, Print size and page size lists, Line thinning default value, and Factory default and profiles are supported in KX DRIVER 7.4. The newest installer with improved usability is included in KX DRIVER 7.0.
Supported operating systems are Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows 10 Anniversary Update, Windows 10 Creator Update, Windows 10 April 2018, Windows 10 October 2018, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, and Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2016. KX DRIVER 7.2 is compatible with 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems.
- Enable client profile: This feature enables administrators to set the default value of the client machine to use either server or client profiles. For KX 7.4, this feature is available from both the server and the client machine. For KX 7.3 and previous versions, this feature is available only from the client machine.
- 8-in-1, 2x1, and 2x4 poster support: Added a “Multiple pages per sheet” option in the Layout tab, which lets you print 8 pages on a single sheet of paper. In the Poster feature, 2x1 and 2x4 options are added. These new options are available only for A3 models when the page size is set to A4.
- PDF file name and job name with milliseconds: This is an enhancement to the PDF Print and Save option. This feature prints a PDF document and generates a file name with a time stamp that includes milliseconds. The job name time stamp also includes the milliseconds in the device printing job log. In the previous KX Driver, the filename generated when a PDF file is set to “Print and Save” contained a time stamp with seconds only. This feature enhances PDF file documentation and support.
- Print size and page size lists: This enhancement changes the order of the items in the print size and page size lists in the KX Driver Basic tab by improving the user experience when navigating the KX Driver user interface. In the previous KX Driver, the arrangement of items in the lists is predefined. For this new version, the lists are defined based on the frequently used print and page sizes, which go to the top of the lists. Determining the frequently used print and page sizes is done per print job based on the first printed page.
- Line thinning default value: To comply with the new Chinese National Standard, the line thinning default value is changed. Only specific models that are distributed in the Chinese market are affected. In the future, the list may include additional new models that will support the new standard.
- Factory default and profiles: This enhancement involves the change of behavior in the factory default and profiles. In previous KX Driver versions, you could edit only the user-created profiles but not the factory default profile. With this new feature, users can edit the name, icon, and description of the factory default profile. The user can also save, export, and import a profile with “Factory Default” as the profile name. However, user-created and predefined profiles from post-installer cannot be edited.